Tuesday, October 17, 2006

It's started

The Avalanche's 487-game sellout streak ended Monday night. It was the longest recorded string in NHL history. The last time Colorado didn't have a sellout was Nov. 1, 1995, against Calgary.


The above is from the ESPN follow up to last nights Avs game. Attendance was 17,681. I can't say I'm surprised. The salary cap era has forced the Avs to decimate their once potent offence and defense. There's precious little to draw people to the can anymore. And if this pathetic start to the season continues, it's going to be harder and harder to draw them in. But, I bet it's going to be easier to catch an Avs game at the last moment for a while.

I do hope this spikes a little interest in the Mammoth. I mean, there IS a team that plays at the Can that's coming off a national championship. Now there's something to draw butt to seat! (and we've pulled more than 17,681 in the past.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger