Thursday, May 18, 2006

All good things...

I had a wonderful night last night. My friend who is leaving invited me to coffee with a friend of hers. They are both such good people and the conversation was very appreciated. (They also have a surprisingly good decaf at Paris... which is hard to find). It had been raining off and on all night, so there was this lovely smell pervading everything. So fresh and vibrant, like life getting re-set, if even just for a moment. The kind of smell that can cleanse the soul.

Ended up just walking and talking until the day was over. Horsed around at a park, found a "25c piece of plastic", and a natrually abandoned birds nest. And that's when it finally slamming into me... hard. There is but a single week of having her company before she is gone. Amazing how an animals empty home can trigger such things.

I'm glad that we live in a world where communication is easy... but I'm going to miss being able to spend time with my newfound friend. I fear that I have known her for such a short time that the friendship has yet to truly take root. That my nature will just let it fade away, like so many friends have before. All I can do is cherish the last week she's here. Then miss her greatly, and stay in touch, when she's gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger