Sunday, May 14, 2006

Wow.... Great weekend

Got a TON on my mind at the moment.
First and foremost, the Mammoth are NLL Champions!!! The boys defeated the Buffalo Bandits 16-9. The game was a classic butt-whooping from start to finish. the game started to get a little nerve wracking at 10-7, but then the Mammoth poured it on and it was all over.
My friends that made it out to Buffalo have some great stories about the post game. It sounds like the majority of the team is crazy... which is why I like them so much. It takes a certain group of people to look at the Tar Pit in full regalia and not react poorly. I love these guys.

I went to the party at Brooklyn's to watch the game. The crowd was REALLY into it. When the game finally came to the final gun, the emotion was AMAZING. Ronin and I just started crying and celebrating with all of our fellow Mammoth fans. I was hugging and kissing anyone I could. Just a moment of sheer elation. I don't get many of those. (On a funny note, when you kiss a lady on the cheek while wearing skull makeup, it makes a mark like someone bit them :) ).
I then stayed up till about 4 reliving the game and talking with a friend, who I'm starting to consider a good friend. Trust doesn't come so easy, and I recently told them they didn't fall under the category of "trusting to get your back," because I didn't know them long enough. I think I would trust her now. It's a big step to consider someone that good of friend, but the more I learn, the more I trust.

I another conversation that night... someone said I wasn't a "nice guy." Now I'm in a full on reflection mode as to why that could be said of me. Yes, I've done stupid things in my past. And I do have a streak in me that can be self-centered, but only in that I have to take care of myself. The part that bugs me is that I DO view myself as a nice person. The strange part is that they seemed to be saying I'm not nice as a compliment. That disturbs me a bit. After further conversation, I think they have an incorrect view of what it means to be a nice guy. (If it means finishing last... then I KNOW I'm nice :) )This is something that I'm going to have to talk out with people who I know and trust and get their opinions.

Which leads me to other sad thoughts. All my friends are seeming to be gone at the moment. And I really need to talk. I suppose it'll just have to wait until tomorrow or Tuesday. I have to pick my brother up from the airport tomorrow. Maybe I'll talk to him on the way home. I often find it best to sound out my thoughts to people in this situation.

Oh well... Another day, another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger