Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The days are starting to all look the same

Ever feel like you are caught in a rut? Well... I feel that way right now.

It seems that every time something good happens... something bad happens. Mammoth win the championship, I get the cold that never ends. I managed to show that a lot of the data integrity issues I was tracking are actually OK... only to find my scripts had an integrity problem and were incorrectly showing a false "valid" . Meet good friends, lose good friends.

The rut I find myself in is that nothing surprises me anymore. Right now I feel like I could open my front door to find a guy with a giant check... or a kid kicking me in the nuts. And frankly, neither would be more than a "huh" response. Life is feeling numb.

My good friend that I've dated in the past and I are still social friends... and that's OK, just kind of distant. Other friends are moving away and will be missed, but my guess is they will stay close friends. It's odd how we can miss someone when they are here... or when they leave. Emotional distance is such an odd and fickle thing when compared to physical distance.

Feeling odd if you can't tell.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

6:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger