Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy 2000

      2000 days ago, President George W. Bush landed on an aircraft carrier and announced "Mission Accomplished" on the Iraq war.  2000 days since this tragedy of a war, and I hestiate to use the word, it's clearly an occupation at this point, was declared complete.  2000 days of Iraqis, and Americans dying in small groups, almost daily.  Can we afford another 2000? 
     Many say the "Surge has worked", and as part of a greater happening, it has helped.  But Al-Sadr has claimed a renewal of aggression if the US and the Iraqi government agree to a 3 year extension of our prescence there.  There will be many more deaths if we continue to occupy Iraq for another 1000+ days.  Is it worth it?  I leave those answers to you. 
 
V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger