Thursday, October 16, 2008

Joe the Plummer

Dear Joe the Plummer,
     You are NOT average.  In an interview this morning, you were saying that you are just an average guy who wants a house, a few cars, and a bass boat.  Oh, and that you want to buy the company that you've work for.  I want everyone to stop, and look around your life... how many friends, co-workers, and associates do you have that not just have the desire to BUY their workplace, but actually have the MEANS.  I know of ... ONE!  and he doesn't WANT to becuase the company is not well positioned.  And I'm very well compensated and run in a crowd that is pretty well off. 
    Not only does Joe want to and apparently can buy his company, but if this will result in a tax increase for him in Obama's plan, then the company worth is over a quarter of million dollars.  Congratulations, the number of people I know who can buy a $250,000 company (in a market where credit is IMPOSSIBLE to get) is now officially ZERO.  Joe... you are way above average and are deluding yourself.
    I make a lot more than the single persons limit of $42,000 that Obama's plan proposes. (I'm also way above average)  So if I vote for him, my taxes will probably see a slight increase.  I'm OK with that... I can afford it and frankly, the country is underfunding health care, education, infrastructure, and social security.  The only thing that IS well funded is the war efforts.  So, I'm ok with you increasing my taxes, if we fund domestic programs with it.  A friend of mine once told me that he would have a problem with having health care paid for by the gov't if abortion is legal becuase he would have a moral objection to paying for it... to him I ask... I have a moral objection to the war in Iraq... what should I do?  A TON more of a percentage of my money goes to that war than would go to abortion.  And that makes me sick.
 
   OK, I've rambled a bit.  I'm done now.
 
 
V


Oh, and Joe... if you get a sitcom deal out of this, that's just sick!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Feel good......

1:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger