Monday, August 04, 2008

Long time no speak... but happy about the MLL

So, what am I happy about... that the Philadelphia Barrage and the Rochester Rattlers are the representatives for the Eastern Conference and that LA is the west wild card.  By filling out the playoffs, we now know that Boston will NOT be in and therefore NOT getting home field advantage. 
 
This is a small drawback in that attendance will be lower (most MLL championships have pathetic attendance.  I think 8000 people total across 3 games were last years numbers).   If the MLL wants to shatter their attendance records and make a TON of money, they should host the championship weekend in Denver.  We pull 8000 as a low water mark for a thursday night game.  Add into that the fact that that the Outlaws have never missed the playoffs, and you'll easily bring in 20K per game.  that's some serious coin.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger