Monday, June 09, 2008

OK... Here's part of the problem with where we are as a country.

Below is a forwarded email from one of our communities at work.  The problem I see here is that the person views it as a RIGHT to drive a 9 MPG car and have his expenses covered.  Why is it that the thought of NOT DRIVING THE SUV doesn't seem to cross this persons mind?  Pardon me if I don't cry you a river for getting an inefficient car.  That was a choice... now live with it, or change it.
 
 
From: *Private*
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 4:07 PM
To: Community - EXPENSES;
Subject: EXPENSE miles at $0.485 and gas cost in US

Hello,

 

I just did the calculation, and $0.485 per mile in EXPENSE does not cover the cost of gas for my SUV. At about ~$9/gallon and premium gas, that I must use, at ~$4.60/gallon in NYC, I will back get less than I spend for gas at the current reimbursement rate. That does not even include any depreciation on my car.

 

Can I simply switch to the rental car instead of using my own? Is there an official policy on this? Any plans to adjust the miles rate in US?

 

Best regards,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger