Sunday, September 10, 2006

Two unrelated items.

First, I have to congratulate the president for finally coming out and admitting that there were secret prisons. I know most of the readers of my blog know where I stand on the humane treatment of prisoners. While I do believe that the action of admitting this is politically motivated (esp. after the supreme court ruling of a few weeks ago), but one must aknowledge good things when you see them.

On the same note, I did find an article from June that Bush also said that the Geneva conventions WILL be followed for suspected terrorists. I also commend this action. I do not believe it is enough to make Bush a good pressident in my eyes, but again... small steps. Lenno humourously put this announcement as the administration saying "We don't torture, we have never tortured, and we will stop torturing."

The unrelated note from the title, in my constant assesment of where I am at in my life, I have found a major time waster. As much as I enjoy it, I have to quit World of Warcraft. I am trying to focus on my runic studies, my reading, and general keeping my life in order. I find myself turning on Wow when I wake up, when I get home and generally at any time. I find myself resenting the control it has taken over me and am killing it (much like I did with cable television.) So here's to staying focused.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger