Wednesday, August 30, 2006

On Torture

BlackCross said: "
Now wait...I said physical interrogation techniques are acceptable to keep us safe. And while I'll agree to adhere to the Geneva Conventions, the conventions don't protect terrorists. Neither should the U.N. But why should I expect them (the U.N.) to change now?"

So you are declaring war on terror but don't want to follow rules for prisoner treatment under the geneva conventions that deal with war. Is this a war or isn't it? The answer of both is NOT possible.


And the link you posted about data mining is not a valid link. But I'm assuming that you agree with me that an American Citizen has the right to NOT be wiretapped without a warrant, or you would not have altered the topic. If you don't agree with the above, please enlighten me as to who has the power to take away my rights without oversight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>> So you are declaring war on terror but don't want to follow rules for prisoner treatment under the geneva conventions that deal with war. Is this a war or isn't it? The answer of both is NOT possible.

I absolutely do. But the Geneva Conventions give no protections to terrorists. They only apply to uniformed members of a country's military. No uniforms, or no country = no protections by Geneva.

This is a war, against an enemy that hides amongst a civilian populace, and therefore surrenders all claim to protections by the "rules of war."

>> But I'm assuming that you agree with me that an American Citizen has the right to NOT be wiretapped without a warrant, or you would not have altered the topic. If you don't agree with the above, please enlighten me as to who has the power to take away my rights without oversight.

Hm. The link worked for me.

Try this one, direct from the AG's office:

http://www.nationalreview.com/pdf/12%2022%2005%20NSA%20letter.pdf

So...FISA doesn't apply if the threat isn't entirely domestic.

And nobody has taken away any of your rights. Stop harping.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger