Thursday, August 24, 2006

I pose a question

To any of my right wing friends and relatives. Am I a traitor to this country? I believe firmly in the following...
  • The Iraq war is an illegal and criminal act. (and I DO think there is a reasonable withdrawl strategy... but fox says Dems don't have a plan... so I MUST be crazy, right?).
  • Warrantless wiretapping of US citizens is an illegal and criminal act. And the courts of the US seem to agree with me.
  • That torture is NOT to be used against ANY human being anywhere in the world. This includes "outsourcing" to keep our hands in this country clean.
  • That cutting veterans benefits is a violation of the contract that we as a nation made with our soldiers and is an illegal and criminal act of neglect.

Fox News has called people who believe and act upon the above traitors and unpatriotic at different times in the past. So, is questioning and holding dissenting opinion Treason? If so, call me a traitor to my face, and not just nod your head along with the TV. If you agree that the above is treasonous, then I am a traitor in your eyes. If you don't... why do you trust that source? Why listen to the bile and the hatred that comes from that.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

> To any of my right wing friends and relatives. Am I a traitor to this country?

No. You just have a different opinion.

> I believe firmly in the following...

> The Iraq war is an illegal and criminal act.

The US was upholding UN resolutions that told Saddam to reveal his WMD programs (that both parties in this country claimed hi had) or face invasion. Saddam sat on his laurels. He got invaded, per the UN resolutions (I believe there were 12 of them).

>(and I DO think there is a reasonable withdrawl strategy... but fox says Dems don't have a plan... so I MUST be crazy, right?).

There is. As Iraqi troops become more involved in patrolling the country, we'll bring our people home.

> Warrantless wiretapping of US citizens is an illegal and criminal act. And the courts of the US seem to agree with me.

Warrants are unnessessary when the goal is gathering military intelligence. Unless you (or "your fellow Americans") have been talking to known Al-Qaeda or other terrorist sympathizers overseas, odds are your phone hasn't been wiretapped by the administration or the DoD. Oh, and one court agreed with you - and the judge should have recused herself. http://www.sweetness-light.com/archive/judge-had-conflict-of-interest-in-wiretap-case

> That torture is NOT to be used against ANY human being anywhere in the world. This includes "outsourcing" to keep our hands in this country clean.

You would place physical interrogation techniques in the same classification as cutting people up for fun? What would you define as torture?

> That cutting veterans benefits is a violation of the contract that we as a nation made with our soldiers and is an illegal and criminal act of neglect.

Okay. Where are we going to pull money from to increase veterans benefits?

And I'd say slashing the Defense Department budget and enlistment roles by 40% was a bad idea, too.

> Fox News has called people who believe and act upon the above traitors and unpatriotic at different times in the past.

Fox News, or the opinion people on Fox News?

> So, is questioning and holding dissenting opinion Treason?

Nope. Wasn't when I did it when Clinton was in office, isn't when you're doing it now.

Difference is, some people get up in front of cameras and get broadcast all over the world spouting their opinion which casts this country in a negative light, and that could fall under the heading of "offering comfort to the enemy." But I don't think it qualifies as treason.

> If you don't... why do you trust that source? Why listen to the bile and the hatred that comes from that.

I trust that source because I think of all the major media outlets they try the best to present both sides, or the side that you won't get on the other channels.

Why listen to the bile and hatred that gets airplay on CNN, or MSNBC?

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger