Thursday, August 03, 2006

I am a donkey

So... Tuesday night I played in the first of a series of 8 $10 tournaments.

I busted out in 16th out of 18 spots at the begining of Level 2!!!

I got caught with a BB special, dealt J5 and the pot was unraised. So I took the option and checked to see if I could hit a monster. Sure enough, flop comes down JK5 rainbow. I lead the post flop betting, bet raised by the player immediately to my right. It folds around to me, and I easily make the call.

Turn comes down an 8, I bet the pot (420 at this point, about 25% of my stack, leaving me with just over 1K) and he calls. He's definately got the K. The pot is just over 1K now and I'm feeling good.

Then disaster strikes and the river pairs the 8. And here's where I go dumb. I loose track of the TOURNAMENT in lieu of the HAND. I figure I've got a chance of pushing this guy out of the pot (he's got 1400 in chips to my 1000.) and I go all in. He had fallen in love with his AK and called without even registering that I could have an 8, so my bluff had little chance of working. I'm knocked out becuase I'm an idiot.

Next time, I'll chalk it up to bad luck that that river card hit and lay it the fuck down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger