Monday, July 24, 2006

I may have just dropped a bomb on my family.

I hope they take my rantings in the vein in which they were inteded. But I keep recieving forwarded e-mail that slander the Muslim faith. Here's the latest.

> >>> Can a good Muslim be a good American? I forwarded that
> >>> question to a friend that worked in Saudi Arabia for 20 years.
> >>> The following is his forwarded reply.
> >>>> >>> "Have you ever thought -- Can a devout Muslim be an American
> >>> patriot and a loyal citizen? Is Muslim American really an
> >>> oxymoron? Consider this:
> >>>> >>> Theologically, no. Because his allegiance is to Allah, the moon
> >>> god of Arabia.
> >>>> >>> Religiously, no. Because no other religion is accepted by his
> >>> Allah except Islam (Quran, 2:256)
> >>>> >>> Scripturally, no. Because his allegiance is to the five pillars of
> >>> Islam and the Quran (Koran).
> >>>> >>> Geographically, no. Because his allegiance is to Mecca, to
> >>> which he turns in prayer five times a day.
> >>>> >>> Socially, no. Because his allegiance to Islam forbids him to make
> >>> friends with Christians or Jews.
> >>>> >>> Politically, no. Because he must submit to the mullah (spiritual
> >>> leaders), who teach annihilation of Israel and destruction of
> >>> America, the great Satan.

> >>>> >>> Domestically, no, because he is instructed to marry four women
> >>> and beat and scourge his wife when she disobeys him (Quran 4:34).
> >>>> >>> Intellectually, no, because he cannot accept the American
> >>> Constitution since it is based on Biblical principles and he
> >>> believes the Bible to be corrupt.
> >>>> >>> Philosophically, no, because Islam, Muhammad, and the Quran
> >>> do not allow freedom of religion and expression. Democracy
> >>> and Islam cannot co-exist. Every Muslim government is either
> >>> dictatorial or Autocratic.
> >>>> >>> Spiritually, no, because when we declare "one nation under
> >>> God," the Christian's God is loving and kind, while Allah is
> >>> NEVER referred to as heavenly father, nor is he ever called
> >>> love in the Quran's 99 excellent names.
> >>>> >>> Therefore after much study and deliberation.... Perhaps we
> >>> should be very suspicious of ALL MUSLIMS in this country.
> >>> They obviously cannot be both "good" Muslims and good
> >>> Americans. Call it what you wish...it's still the truth. "
> >>>> >>> If you find yourself intellectually in agreement with the above
> >>> statements, perhaps you will share this with your friends.
> >>> The more who understand this, the better it will be for our
> >>> country and our future.
> >>>> >>> Pass it on Fellow Americans.... The religious war is bigger
> >>> than we know or understand.


I just let a stream of consciousness go and this is what came out...

All,
As I responded in my previous response, to group all people of a faith together is disingenuous at best, and biggoted at worst. I have known no fewer than 10 Islamic American that I have worked with and associated with at different points in my career. Not a one of them wanted to destroy anything or warrented even the slightest bit of suspicion. If ALL Islamic peoples believed this way, then at least one of them would have been a terrorist... right?

In addition, several points made in this e-mail can also have their beam pointed straight at the Christan faith as well. Christians accept no other religions but christianity. And their allegiance is to the teachings of Christ (supposedly). Additionally, didn't Kennedy all those years ago have some issues because of fear that he would have to bow to the Pope as a catholic? How are those fears different than mullahs?

Lastly, The laws of this nation are actually modeled after Greek and Roman principals... not Christian. If this nation was founded on biblical principals, then we would look a lot more like Islamic nations than we do. Adultery would be illegal, as would working on Sunday, or being part of any non-christian faith. And that's only looking at the 10 commandments for inspiration. If you looked at Exodus 22:18 you would find the classic passage of "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live." and several of my friends and myself would have to be put to death. This is clearly not so in this country.

I have said before, I believe all of you have the best intentions at heart and are intelligent and kind minded people. I would request that we as good people do not to propogate unwarrented suspicion. Unless your intention is to advocate a crusade (which is really just a Christian Jihad), in which case, leave me out of it. I will refuse to hate, or suspect someone based off their faith. I refuse to belive that this is the case though.

Voodoo.




I think it was the last sentence about the religious war that set me off... I honestly do not believe that any faith is worth killing for. And most faiths ARE worth dying for. This is a strange way to think, but it seems to make sense. I've just never understood why someone would advocate killing someone for what they believe. It seems as stupid as killing becuase someone like pistacio ice cream. Neither of those beliefs influences me and mine one bit. It just doesn't matter what the guy next door believes or likes. I weep for our world. We are going to kill ourselves as a race. And it's going to be because of pistacio ice cream damnit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger