Thursday, August 17, 2006

I am quitting the TV society

I'm done.
I have absolutely had it.
Does anyone want my extra television?
This utter fucking bullshit about them finally catching the JonBenett killer (alleged) and the 24 x 7 news cycle that involves them doing everything but burping the ransom letter has pushed me over the edge. Look, they caught the guy. Report it and move on. For the love of all that is holy I do NOT need to hear over and over that "this has been a long hard case" and "we have nothing new to report, so let's repeat everything we do know until your head spins and you vomit up your spleen!!!"

I'm giving up. I'm calling comcast today and shutting off my cable TV. (I'll turn it back on for Mammoth season). The noise has GOT to stop.

yes... there IS some good things on television (escpecially the history and discovery channels). But there are also a LOT of good things in books and magazines. Movies and other literature. I have decided that the television is an anathema to the way I wish to live my life. It's gotta go.

I am very serious. I have a nice 27" Sony Wega that is up for grabs. Anyone want it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger