Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Filling in the gaps : Part 1

Life was definately a blur over the weekend, so I will try to embroider around the edges of what I had previously posted.

The Outlaws game : We won 24-14, with Mike Law scoring a sock trick (6 goals for you unwashed barbarians :) ). I'm impressed by the show that the Outlaws put on. The stadium was really nice to be in and overall I would HIGHLY recommend the event to anyone.
Tailgaiting before the game is now the new tradition, that was stinking sweet. Got to toss the ball around with a few of the other fans, one of which played for CU's LAX team... needless to say, I need to learn to catch his passes. They are a LOT faster than I'm used to. It's how you learn :)
During the game, we had a little bit of a slow start. Most of us (as you saw if you followed the link) were wearing cowboy hats and bandanas. I hope that tradition takes off as a crowd full of that would look sweet. On the topic of tradition, we're still not 100% certain which of our Mammoth traditions work right and which don't. One thing that is cool... the bleachers are not 100% solid. When we all get stomping, life is good. Next home game, we're adding train whistles. Some of the chants worked, some didn't. It'll evolve, but we smashed the record for attendance, so it should evolve quick.

Our seats are in Row 2... which is seriously cool. Halfway through the second, Damien Davis of the Chicago Machine took a penalty. The opposing penalty seats are right in front of us. Weeelllll, Fro said something, and it was heard. Davis turns around and starts gesturing for him to come down on the field for an altercation. EVERYONE saw it and it was ON!!! We laid it on so thick that you could feel the steam coming off his head. It was beautiful. During the postgame party the Outlaws coaches even commended us for giving him the biz... I love this game.

The post game was both cool and lame. The club (Lodo's) bit TOTAL ass. It's WAY to crowded and the music sux. I hate having to lean way into someones ear and scream to be heard (If I'm going to lean in like that I'd rather nibble and whisper than scream). I was in a FOUL mood becuase I get panicy in those situations. I may take a xanax after the next game if we decide to go again. However, once we procured a table and I got 3 T&T's down my gullet, life started getting better. I told Pebbles and BamBam, "I'm in an off mood, do NOT let me have more than 3 drinks, or I'm going to be in a NASTY headspace and no one will be happy." I think that was the right move, I had just enough to loosten up, but not to much to be drunk. Apparently, another friend of mine, Iris, told Link (I'm using fake names... I never blog real names without permission) to "Make sure she wasn't sober." Let's just say we both got our wish (More later).

As I started enjoying myself, I was a bit disapointed that two other friends (two ladies who went to Buffalo) had to leave early for work constraints. I want to get to know them better. They seem such genuinely jovial people. Anyhow, I got to talking to a front office staffer of the Outlaws about Dave Stilley from the Mammoth. Apparently, he would have played in the outdoor league this year if he had been playing in Denver. And those bastards in SF took him 1 pick before the Outlaws did. What a crock of crap. Stilley is beloved in this town and seeing his two speeds (on and insane) on the field would have been GREAT.

The conclusion of the night in part two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger