Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Bluetooth security

I turned on the news today and they did a full 5 minute piece on bluetooth security and how knowledgeable people can actually remotely activate a bluetooth device and *gasp* listen in on conversation when you are in the car.  Not even when you are on the phone but just the ambient conversations.
 
Now... stop for a second and think about it.  Here's a sample of what you would hear if you listened in to my car mounted bluetooth. 
 
1) "What the *explecitive*... GO THE *explicitive* SPEED LIMIT you *explicitive* *explicitive*."
 
2) <at the top of my lungs and out of tune> "Got a shoo thrown at me from a mean old man... get my dinner from a garbage can... MEEEOOOOWWW"
 
3) "where the *explicitive* is 6th avenue.  I couldn't have already past it", says I
   "Make a legal u-turn...", says the GPS
   "Mother *explicitive*!!!"
 
4) "I love you too Honey.  Where do we want to eat?"
 
5) "I should get a bike..."
 
5a) (this one is from a good friend of mines daughter)  *screaming* "I wanna Swiiiing, I wanna SwiiIInngg, I wanna SWWWiinng, I wanna SwIIInggg, I wanna sWIIiinngg"
 
 
With the above said, how many people out there ACTUALLY think there are people out there following you around listening in.  You've got to be within 30 to 50 yards tops.  Now if you are talking about government or coporate secrets over the bluetooth, perhaps you should look into a little security (BT comes with a lot of oprions you can use to secure, they are just off by default.)  But if you are a normal person, there is no reason to worry... regardless of what the news tells you.
 
V

2 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Alberti said...

Definitely one of your funnier posts recently. =)

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that you are singing Stray Cat Strut!

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger