Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Small project comments

Well, I'm on another accenture project in Phoenix, AZ.  I've got to say, if you ever get the opportunity to go to Phoenix in August... shoot yourself first.  It actually got DOWN to 90 last night.  And what's worse is we're in the "monsoon" season... which means there's no rain, but it's 50% to 75% humidity and 105+ temps during the day.  I can imagine this is what Vietnam felt like.  WOW, it's unpleasent.  At least we have AC... I can't imagine if I had to LIVE in this horrific weather.
 
Second, the team is green... and I mean WAY green.  I asked the table of 4 other people that are on my team yesterday, "How long have you been with your company?"  The LONGEST answer was "2 months".  I'm having to do a lot of coaching on how to be a consultant and I'm the sub contractor.  It's a strange situation.  This is the second team I've been on that is this green... I'm hoping this won't be as difficult as the last.  These people seem really nice, just really new to "the game." Which means that no one on my team is going to have my back... that makes me nervous.  Oh well, I'm good enough to not need it, it's just nice to have.
 
V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger