Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Lacrosse comment

Hey all,
   I haven't written about lacrosse recently.  The Outlaws season has been in full swing and I'm happy to say we have a MASSIVE game against LA this weekend that will pretty much decide the playoff fate of the Outlaws.  Win, and they'll be tough to keep out... lose, and getting in is going to be a major challenge.
 
   There was also quite a bit of interesting things that have happened for the Mammoth over the last few days.  First Gary Gait is no longer the head coach of the Colorado Mammoth, he has been offered (and offer he couldn't refuse as Dave Stilley put it) the head coaching job for the Syracuse Womens LAX team.  That's a dream job at the school he made famous by winning the 78, 79, and 80 championships. 
   Second, there was a major trade in the NLL that had Steve "Chugger" Dietrich getting traded to the Calgary Roughnecks.  I have to say, I LOVE seeing a player I hate, traded to a team I hate, and is a rival.  Escpecially when you look at the fact that we have lit up old Chugger the last few times we've met him.  Now we get to see that fat, lazy son of a bitch 2 or 3 times a year.  Hooray.
   Third, the expansion draft this afternoon sees Brian Langtry picked up by the new Boston team, only to be traded back TO the Mammoth for Casey Cittadino and Sean Morris.  Not a bad trade... but I have to go on record as saying I don't think the Mammoth should have traded back for him.  Last year I was not pleased with his selfish play and ball hogging.  I'm hoping he manages to change next year, cause we need a team t win another cup... not a ballhog. 
   Last, this trade would have been great... 5 years ago.  I don't know how much Wulder has left in the tank.  Time will tell.
 
-V

2 Comments:

Blogger Carrie said...

I'm just glad that Chris Levis wasn't touch (even if he was traded back).

Not crazy about Langtry being back. Maybe a new coach can put a better leash on him.

Carrie

12:28 PM  
Blogger Voodoo said...

I love tree's personality and intensity... if only he'd pass more I'd think he's still a valuable asset. The indoor game is all about team.

And I echo the amen on Chris Levis. He's not a great starter... but what a saftey blanket to have. I want to keep my binkie :).

12:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger