Friday, August 10, 2007

Echo post

    I'm posting this Voltron Link from a friends blog to add my $.02.  I seriously echo his sentiment that this trend has GOT TO STOP...  I know my significant other liked Voltron, I was not a huge fan, but I do NOT want to see more of my childhood drug into the light of day and turned into something that is a shadow of itself.  Transformers was a awesom movie... but frankly that is the exception to the rule.  Most of these childhood cartoons / shows turned into movies are there just for a quick buck. 
    It kills me to watch franchise after franchise get drug up, raped violently for a buck and then thrown away.  I think that's where the difference with Transformers was... they were very gentle, and took it out to a very nice dinner first.  I guarantee that Voltron will not get the same treatment becuase they are going to try and ride on the coattails of the x-formers success.  Sad.  Would I like to see a series like Robotech get the same type of live action treatment that x-formers got... hell yes. But only if the translation from script to screen is as direct and accurate as say Sin City or 300...
   I'm done ranting now.
 
 
V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger