Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Soo weary.

Between coming back to work and the final push into the Halloween party this weekend. I'm getting tired (and behind in my housework).

The Haunted House is definately coming along swimingly. Have one last room to decorate tonight, but I think we are entering the home stretch. I'll be working from home on Friday to cook and make treats... so that will be fun too.

The new car is fantastic. I'm pushing up over 40 miles to the gallon and am at 1/4 of a tank left. (which means I should be able to go over 400 miles on the 11 gallon tank. Thats so cool). I also found a new route to work that is saving me about 5 minutes. Like it.

I'm dissapointed that I've not been able to read much lately. That will end after the weekend I'm sure. I want to read Age of Anxiety which is an examination of the McCarthy era and it's evolution and inluence over our current policies. I think it's an important read as we seem to be swinging toward that type of era again. We are becoming so afraid in this country that our Freedom is becoming Feardom. For McCarthy it was "communists" and now it's "terrorists". But I'm too tired to think about that at the moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger