Friday, September 15, 2006

Report from the Doc

Just got back.
The doc manipulated my knee and poked around after I desribed my symptoms and went with the classig, good news and bad news routine.

Good news, the condition is not bad enough that it requires any form of surgery. (yet) .
Bad News, it IS a degenerative condition where the bursa has become enflamed or irritated and is causing the trouble. I'm to take high doses of anti-enflamatories (800mg of Ibuprofen 3 times a day) for two weeks and he was very insistant that I STAY OFF IT. Not crouching, no kneeling, no working out. He even told me to plan my day around using the stairs as little as possible.

If this clears it up, great, if if doesn't I'm to go another two weeks if it did help. Once I'm clear, I need to start working my quads again. (I guess fencing caused and helped a lot of the issues). He recommended bicycling with resistance... I HATE biking. I'll find some other quad exersizes.

So, that the story of my knee.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger