Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Took too long

Ive talked about governmental corruption before.  I have to say I think it took WAY too long to bring charges against Rep William Jefferson, but at least its happened.  (details).  I dont care your political affiliation, if you take bribes (and I view lobbyists as legal bribery they’ve gotta go), you should be gone.  I realize this would wash away most, if not all, of congress so be it.  Congress (and most forms of government officials) serve at OUR electing, they should serve US not those who have the $$$.   This frustrates me beyond reason.  I can donate as much of my hard earned money as I can, volunteer, and vote for an elected official.  If they win, none of my previous effort matters a hill of beans.  Since one corporation will come in, offer millions and then the representative is now far more indebted to them than they are to me.  Makes you just want to give up at least there is a chance if we start locking these guys up, theyll start getting the picture.  Sigh.

V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger