Tuesday, June 05, 2007

This about sums it up

This comic sums up my sentiments pretty well.  As I’ve previously stated though, I think we DO still need to let it go till September and see what comes out the other end.  My cynicism is telling me that there’s little hope of anything good or useful coming out the rear end of this, but the generals are saying give us till September.  So I’m willing to support them in a wait and see mode. 

However, if the likely event of no significant progress is made, then we MUST start scaling back troops in Iraq.  I’ve posted before the plan that Howard Dean has laid out, and that is a very logical way of proceeding.  Until then, cross your fingers and pray to whatever gods are willing to listen. 

On that note, yesterday I got the address for my very young friend that has gone into the Army. (I’ll call him Link after a role playing character of his, you all know I don’t like to use real names on my blog to protect the guilty J ).  He scored MASSIVE on his LAB (Language Aptitude Battery), to the point where intelligence was a viable choice for him to go into.  However, he wants to be a Green Beret. I wish him all the best. He’s already in pretty good shape, I’m going to hate and love to see how cut he gets after boot.  I have a friend who was a little chubby in HS and enlisted right after… he came back and all that chubby migrated a foot and a half north.  To this day Draconis is among the strongest and fittest of my friends.  Link, may the gods protect you and grant you the strength you need to grow and attain your dreams… and DON’T GET SHOT!!!

That’s all for this morning. 

V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger