Saturday, January 20, 2007

1 down and 1 to go

The Mammoth proved two things last night.
1) they are a VERY good team, manhandling the Edmonton Rush in the seconid half by a score of 9-3, for a final score of 16-9. (Does good times give free custard for road games when we score more than 13??)

2) Gary Gait and Gee Nash know more about lacrosse than I will ever know. I was watching the game at a bar with a bunch of friends last night and after Gee let in his 6th goal by the middle of the 2nd, I called for a goalie switch. As you can tell from the final scores, that was a hair premature. He buckled down and played a whale of a game. To the point where he's probably in the running for another defender of the week...except for one small problem...

Arizona allowed only 4 goals to Portland last night!!! There is no question that Rob Blasdell is the defender of the week unless Portland dominates him tonight in the second half of their home at home.

Tonight the Mammoth travel to Calgary to face the Riggers. This will be another test for the Mammoth. They have passed every one so far, and I'm hoping they can continue. If they manage to make it to 5-0, division is officially going to be playing catch up the whole year. GO MAMMOTH!

V

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Afraid you have to have your game ticket to get your free custard. We had a discussion about that ourselves.

- Robb

8:49 AM  
Blogger Voodoo said...

What a bummer.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Jessi O said...

Last night was so uber fun! I was imporessed to see the guys not rely so much on the D for a win. Let's hope they rested up enough for tonights game, and didn't get too cocky

12:35 PM  
Blogger Jessi O said...

Am sad the Mammoth couldn't stay on top of it in the 4th. I honestly thought we were gonna have it up until then. Oh well I'll take the win last night and a win at home on Thursday anyday. Sad you couldn't come to our party too, we had GREAT pork roast and mashed potaotes :)

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger