Friday, December 08, 2006

A Random sports thought

So, I read this Denver Post article this. I'm not a huge basketball fan, but I will listen to a Nuggets game if there's nothing else on. And I watched the game while out at trivia on Wendsday (we won, $50 toward dinner next week, yeah!).

Now when reading the article (about a thought of a trade for AI to help Carmelo Anthony), the quote that caught my eye was "Melo is cool with everything except losing. He needs help." That got me to thinking, isn't that the EXACT attitude a true professional athlete SHOULD take. As a competetive person, I love to win. More importantly, I HATE to lose. And I'm a total amatur, I can only imagine what goes through the mind of a pro athlete.

I have no cares about how the nugs do or what they do. But I know that every single player on the Mammoth HATES to lose. And they won a championship. Frankly, I think that shows a good attitude.

I'm not saying win at all costs obviously, but I am saying to HATE losing so that when you leave the field, there isn't anything left.

GO MAMMOTH!!

V

1 Comments:

Blogger Danielle Alberti said...

Well, I thought I'd let you know that I've finally gotten my blog running. I'm at one post and... almost counting! http://alberti-philosophy.blogspot.com/
Thanks!

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger