Thursday, November 30, 2006

What good people think about bad things.

Gotta say, the more I converse with my friend Mountain Man, the more I like dialog with him. His latest blog entry shows a great deal of logic and reason.

While I don't follow the same religious creeds that he does, nor he mine. When I read things like the above, I do feel optimistic that we can make this country better by working with those we do not agree with.

I do believe that the US is noble in it's very character. I do not think that about our current leadership, but that's neither here nor there. What is a truly noble goal is what this nation is. This grand experiment is still in it's infancy, and as we grow, we will make mistakes... but it's the learning and growing process in action. One of the reasons I've been such an outspoken opponent of what I view as a stripping of the Constitutions rights, is that I feel it's abandoning the very spirit that makes this nation truly noble.

I'll probably edit this later to chat more... but the cookies just came out of the oven :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger