Wednesday, November 22, 2006

OK, one more

Thank you Nancy Pelosi. Her latest statements ring of sanity.

First, the draft is off the table. While I like the reasons that Rangel proposed it... it's just not the answer.

Second, love the quote "The principle of civility and respect for minority participation in this House is something we promised the American people. It's the right thing to do," Well, DUH. That's just common sense and it's something that's been missing from the body politic for quite some time.

More good ideas, "Other top priorities for January are lobbying reform, implementing the recommendations of the 9/11 Commission and rolling back subsidies to the oil industry." These are all things that are no-brainers. Lobbying reform is a MUST in my book. I would love to see K street cleansed. And if that means a group of dems goes down too, great! Corruption and "pay for play" government should be abhorent to ANY party.

The 9/11 commision recommendations should have been put into effect immediately after they came out... not years.

And I still haven't figured out why an oil company (record profits) needs government handouts. Subsidies are for areas of our economy that are essential and struggling... I see that the oil compaines are essential, absolutely. But record profits does not struggling make.

If the above ideas are "whako-leftist" ideas and part of a "San Fransisco morality"... I'm SO down for it.

All of that said. She and the Dems are politicians. It would be redundant to say they lie. So I'm not certain they can manage to do anything above. But even an attempt would be welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger