Monday, December 11, 2006

Good Pain and Bad Pain

First, the good pain. I started practicing with the Fjellborg Vikings this weekend. That kicked ASS. My shield arm is tired and both my forearms hurt becuase of the strain of the heavier blade / defensive item. But it was such fun that I've already invested in two swords and an axe.

Also in the good pain category, My workout has been working nicely. However, as I've upped to 3 rounds on the heavy bag, my knuckles tore open (I use half gloves). So my bag has been annointed with my blood. yay. When I start this weeks regiment on Wendsday I'm going to have to tape my fingers before working the bag :)

Lastly in the good pain category. Spoke with my friend in Washington for the first time in at least a month. I miss her. It's a minor pang of pain that I will gladly take. She left a message on Sat that sounded WAY down. Makes me worry about her. I love her dearly as a friend and just want her to be happy. She's got something special to offer this world... I just hope she see's it. C'est la vie.

On to Bad Pain. I just titled my car. I was esitmating around $400 to $500... it game in at $700. Sweet baby monkeys that's a good amount of money in taxes. I guess my pantry will remain right where it's at for a while. If Avanade had paid the delivery bonus on time (there was a delay due to a bookkeeping glich) I'd be in better shape. I'm not mad at it for being late, but the extra $$$ sure would be nice right about now.

Anyhow, 19 days till the Mammoth season opener. I need to start screaming for 5 to 15 minutes a day to get into shape. My neighbors are going to hate me. -lol.


V

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessi O said...

scream into a pipllow....it works just as well and your neighboors don't end up calling the cops cuz they think you're gettin killed.

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger