Monday, January 11, 2010

I now play lacrosse

I joined a winter beginners league, and had my first game yesterday.
 
Dear gods it's been a long time since I've had that much fun AND felt so overwhelmed.

First, I did not realize how far I'd let my endurance go... wind sprints for me till the pain stops.

Second, the defensive side of the ball is just crazy. It's a blast, but that game is FAST... and we're all a bunch of slow old guys. I don't know how Gallant and company do it.

I made a couple of good plays, but if I got out there running for more than 60 seconds my legs started to go out. I got blown by several times. But I did scoop a few loosies, blocked a shot with my shin (only felt it after I got to the bench), and managed to not make a fool of myself on line changes. (except the first one Smile ).

Overall, I'm hooked.
Oh, we lost 5-4 on a goal in the last minute-thirty when the ref blew a call and an opposing player got to walk in unchecked. The officiating is difficult at all levels.

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger