Tuesday, July 28, 2009

In which I discover, I'm NOT Michael Westin

For those of you unfamiliar with the character Michael Westin from the USA tv series Burn Notice, he is a former spy who is burned and thrown out of the spy game forecfully.  The underlying sub plot is him wanting to, for love of country, get back into that game and do what he was born to do.
 
In March, I was laid off from a cutting edge consulting firm, burned essentially.  I've since found another job at a wireless provider doing similar database work, but without a lot of the cutting edge glory.  Frankly, good riddance.  The people here are really nice and the work is plentiful and fairly simple. 
 
In essence, if I were Michael Westin, I'd settle down with Fi in Miami, take a nice PI job and go drinking with Sam every once in a while.  It may not be as glorious as the insiders game, but I think we'll both live longer.
 
V
 
P.S.  Of course, I reserve the right to change my mind in a few years, but it sure is nice here now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger