Monday, July 13, 2009

John McCain is right and wrong

Yesterday on Meet the Press, John McCain answered a question on the CIA misleading Congress flap that's currently going on.  First, he said clearly that he cannot make a comment because he's not on the committees and has no additional information.  For that, I applaud him.  If you don't know something about a topic, it's perfectly OK to say so and to reserve judgement until you do.  However, then came the double talk.  He then responded to a follow up question as to whether there should be an investigation.  His answer was No.. not until all the facts have come out.
 
WHAT??  The very PURPOSE of an investigation is to find the facts.  What is he expecting here, that the facts are free range cows and will mosey on in when they get hungry enough?  His position on that is a logical impossibility.  I think all the crap on BOTH sides of the aisle had damn well be investigated.  I want the facts on all of it so I can make the aforementioned informed decision. 
 
It's statements like the above that show we just need better politicians.  Republicans AND Democrats have to stop talking out their mouth and ass at the same time, cause their breath is starting to stink.
 
V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger