Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Depression

I know many people who suffer from physical depression… I do not envy them.  As I’ve said before, I’m on Paxil for acute anxiety.  I decided quite some time ago that I’m going to need to be on it for quite some time.   Now, with the shipping out to CA, it hasn’t been that big a deal… I just fill my daily dispenser for the week and head out.  The rub came this week.  When they made me stay the weekend, my weekly supply has run out.  I had a friend send me a weeks worth in the mail, but I believe now that the post office has intercepted them and NOT delivered them.  This is NOT a good thing. 

I have Xanax to prevent the anxiety, but Paxil also has anti-depressant properties.  So what is happening to me is as my brain chemistry reverts to “normal” the loss of the Paxil is triggering a temporary, but intense, physical depression.  I am now sleeping 8 to 10 hours a night and waking up exhausted.  I just don’t feel like even speaking to anyone and I’m starting to have difficulties being in an up mood.  Overall, this is not a fun feeling.  While this “withdrawal” will fade for me (for which I consider myself very fortunate), the anxiety problems will not. I came to that conclusion quite some time ago as I’ve already said.  That said, these last (and next) 72 hours have been rough.

V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger