Friday, November 10, 2006

And the Senate went to the Dems yesterday.

I'm very pleased by this. Simply because it makes the two parties we have in this country behave their best. Both sides have good ideas, and both sides have some pretty dumb ones. If one side has all the power (be it replublican OR democrat) it seems to emphasize the worst aspects of that side.

Quite simply, the Replublicans NEED the Democrats, to remind them that their policies that favor corporations and free enterprise affect everyday people. And the Democrats NEED the Replublicans to remind them that their idealistic approach isn't always feasible in the real world, even though it may be a good idea.

Yup, quite pleased.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you. The best our political system has ever been was in the 90s when we had a dem pres and a rep congress. Hopefully this will banace things out. Though I'm affraid that if the dems can't do anything about Iraq soon and fast and for the good than they are going to be blamed for this blunder and will never be elected again...I sure hope they can act on their promises.

1:19 PM  
Blogger me said...

Sadly, I think there is some truth to your comments too, I would like to think that Republicans (that are SUPPOSED to be Conservative) would overall run things better but sadly this last run hasn't backed that up. It's frustrating that our government (which I still feel is the best system) can so often act like an old fat horse my family had in my youth. It was nearly impossible to get that pony to do something productive he just wanted to feed himself all day long!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger