Sunday, May 06, 2007

Competition

Those of you that know me well, know that Im very competitive. I do NOT like to lose at all and will strive to do anything to keep from doing so. A few months ago the team went go Karting and there were some pretty good prizes given out. (Fastest lap time got a PSP) Last night we went bowling as a team, and I did well.. Highest average and highest game (135, 136, 154 not steep competition by any standard). However, after all the games had been played, the manager (who I have had a bit of a conflict with in the past) on this project put everyone’s name in a hat, and drew randomly for a Nintendo Wii. Needless to say, I didnt get it. Im not terribly concerned with the prize, but I question the motivations of our leadership here. Cest la vie. Cant win them all (which is an ironic phrase cause I DID win this one). *EDIT*, I did get a $50 American Express Gift Card... so I'm not AS dissapointed now.

Anyhow, life is pretty good. Its Sunday morning and I was up till 2 at the dinner and bowling function. I had this truly amazing scallops dish last night. Ive never gotten the hang of cooking scallops, and these were pan seared perfectly. The meat was sweet and the texture was like butter Phenomenal.

V

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger