Sunday, January 08, 2006

WOW... I'm STILL tired

Great day of fun and entertainment yesterday.

First, I played in a DPT poker tournament. I had a lot of fun but made a few misreads and ended up busting out only an hour and a half in. The part that does please me is that the two misreads were against a friend who came to the tournament with me.

The one that ended my day left me feeling unlucky, but that I made the right move. I'm short stacked and have to make a move. I'm dealt 77 in late position. I raised to 4x BB (a bet of around 1/3 my stack) and all the limpers folded. Except my friend who was on my right. They called. Now at this point I'm feeling like I'm ahead, or I'm dead. If they have a higher pocket pair... oh well. I make the estimate that they are playing two paint cards or at least an Ax. They know I'm short stacked and getting desperate.

The flop hits T56... I figure I've got the best of it based off the previous read and pushed all-in, wanting to end this right now. They call and flip up QT. The hand holds up and I'm out. I'm not unhappy with my desicion... so I'm pleased.

Now, on to the mammoth game. FANTASTIC game. Mammoth got down 4-0 right off the bat, tried to cut the lead and were still down 6-2 early in the second. This prompted coach Gait (still sounds wierd) to switch goalies, as it was apparent that it wasn't Gee's night. Did Levis ever turn this thing around. He was fantastic, allowing only 4 goals the rest of the way. The Mammoth never lost their composure and stuck with the game plan. Everyone contributed and the rest of the way through it was a MAJOR team effort.

Eventually the Mammoth tied it at 8-8, then 9-9. It was back and forth like this most of the 3rd and 4th with the Mammoth finally taking a 12-11 lead (final score) with a couple minutes left on a great goal by Brian Langtry. Overall, it was one of the best games I've ever been to.

Things I've learned though.
  • Ricola is helpful when screaming for 4 hours
  • Good Time frozen custard is better ;)
  • The refs in lacrosse tend to punish a crowd for getting on their case
  • Chanting the Mammoth victory song in the halls of Pepsi Center is one of the coolest things one can experince.
  • Plastic skeletons break easily when landed on during goal celebrations
  • I STILL sound like Barry White the morning after screaming for 4 hours... Ricola or not.

So overall, yesterday was some of the most fun I've had. I hope next friday goes just as well (only without the 4 goal defecit please).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Thornton, Colorado, United States

I'm a geek, plain and simple. I used to fence, I play poker when I can, and am learning to play lacrosse. I also work WAY too much.

Powered by Blogger